Monday, September 1, 2008

SEPTEMBER MORN

When "BER" months come (September, October, November & December) Pinoy started the countdown for Christmas. In fact most Radio and TV programs features some Christmas list of activities. Malls annoyed us with christmas songs, well you can't blame them it was the time of the years that shoppers goes crazy and a big profits for them.

For me September is a recollection of great song inspired by this month, September Morn (Neil Diamond) September (Earth, Wind & Fire) See you in September (Tempos, The Happenings) When Summer is Gone (Gary Lewis and the Playboy) and many more, and I remember there was once a Pinoy movie "See You in September".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9cbufr9iao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMbrXRV7bkw


I'll see you in September when summer is gone...this is one of my favorite song during my childhood years

12 comments:

ysrael said...

I encounter some trouble in posting the YouTube video. Tiyaga na lang sa link ha?

Anonymous said...

Hey - isn't that a hit song by Gary Lewis and the Playboys? Nice song bro :)

Panaderos said...

I love See You in September by The Happenings. I've always liked that song. :)

atticus said...

merry christmas. some mornings, it feels like that from my window.

Forever59er said...

September, like April (my birth month), lends itself well to song lyrics. April is spring in the west and September is the end of summer.

I remember the song "Try to Remember" that has this line that goes -- "try to remember the kind of September when you were a tender and callow fellow." I guess it means the end of something.

ysrael said...

bw,
yes it was from the song "When Summer is Gone". Gary lewis and the Playboy will having a concert here, this september.

ysrael said...

panaderos,
me too, I really like that song "See You in September" by The Happenings pero mas type kop yung oroginal version ng "The Tempos".

ysrael said...

annamanila,
Oo nga how can I forget that classic song " Try to remember"
siyempre isasama ko yan sa list ko ng Septyember songs.
Happy Birthday nga pala sa iyo.

carlotta1924 said...

i love see you in september. =) have yet to listen to september morn.

napaisip ako tuloy kung merong songs na may january, february, march, etc sa title nila.

ysrael said...

carlota,
meron din siguro hindi lang nadi-discover pa.

Dine Racoma said...

there is always something distinct in september, maybe it's because of its association with the cooler months coming up.

and yes, i like the song see you in september and september morn. songs at that time are what i call the simple songs in their pure form--nothing of the fancy effects that are now used.

lei said...

every sunday naririnig ko yang mga kanta na yan, pinapatugtog ng kapitbahay namin.. great songs.. sarap pakinggan.. calming..