Saturday, June 6, 2009

OMG!!

This blog is not a scened from a prime time news but I'll just want to share this horrible story I experienced last Friday evening (June 5, 2009). Around 5:00 pm when my wife asked me through phone to fetched her in SM North so I leaved my two sons Yves (13) and York (10) in our house. I was early in the mall but luckily there was an on-going International 10-Balls Women Billiard Tournament (those ladies cue artist are really good) until my wife came then we proceed to National Book Store to buy some school supplies. After we buy all items on the list my wife phone my eldest son Yves to ask if he wants to add more but my son insist to talk to me.

So she gave me the cellphone and Yves talk to me in a mild manner but I sensed he was scared a little bit and told me " Daddy, may tao dito duguan dumaan sa bubungan natin at may hawak na kutsilyo." But before he continued the man grabbed the phone and said " Pare pasensiya ka na hindi ko gusto mangyari ito nagipit lang ako may humahabol sa akin." I was shocked but I have to deal with him. "Sino ka ba at bakit dyan sa bahay ko? Please lang huwag mong sasakltan ang mga anak ko" The man said "Walang mangyayari sa mga anak mo basta walang mangyayari sa akin." he answered back. Then I told him to calm down (but actually I was telling it to myself) in a diplomatic way I said to " hintayin mo ako dyan sa bahay at tutulungan kita." (Damned I can't believed I was into a hostage situation and it was my children)

So I grabbed my wife and told her " we have to go home now, there was an emergency situation in our house!" Of course my wife was already in a panic mode when I told her that our sons were taken as hostage. While inside the taxi we are both nervously assuming whats going on in our house. There are some worst scenarios that entered my mind but we have nothing to do but to hope and pray that there is no untoward incident happened there.Oh, the traffic seems to be forever so my wife keep on crying and shouting to the driver to hurry-up. Finally we reached our home and there was no kitbitzer (meron) around and that explained because rain was continuously pouring for almost a week now. Believed me it was the scariest moment of my life when I opened our door.When we saw our children watching TV there was a sign of relief to both of us. My wife hugged them while I was checking the man and found him in our kitchen still holding a knife and I noticed a gun tucked in his waist. When he saw me he apologised and asked for my forgiveness. I've told him to sit down (just to get his trust I have to listened to his stories) and I've learned the he was a former soldier (awol) and being chased by barangay tanod because he stabbed one of his drinking buddies, and in order to escape he ran into the rooftop all the way inside my house.

Just like what I promised him and after I've checked my sorrounding I told him he can go now. But before he do that he requested for a pair of slippers and an umbrella. (that son of a b____ don't want to soak in the rain) My only problem is how to fix my fiberglass roof of which he break in order to get in.I think I've learned something on an actual hostage crisis management.

I embraced my sons specially Yves (who happened to be diagnosed last week of a rare heart problem) and asked if they were alright? Proudly he said " Dad I remembered your instruction that in times of trouble I should be calm and focus". I've told him " you're such a smart and very brave!" and I am proud of you on how you take care of your younger brother and how to handled the situation".He smiled and said " No dad I'm not that brave I'm still scared of cockroaches".

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work pare, you handled the situation calmly and without resorting to violence. Some people would have reacted differently to a stranger inside his house. Masakit nga sa bulsa ang magpaayos ng bubong, lalo na ngayong tag-ulan, but it's small price to pay as long as your loved ones are safe and sound. Also, you son learned the lesson you taught him very well, galing!

ysrael said...

Rudy,
Thanks pare, kaya nga hindi ko sinunod yung suggestion ng wife to alert the barangay or police baka lalong maging delikado yung lagay ng mga kids ko. Buti na lang hindi sila na-trauma sa pangyayari.

R Panaderos said...

Congratulations, Pards for maintaining a clear head and composure while in a highly stressful situation. Your sons, especially Yves, handled the situation very well too.

I'm just glad too that the man had the good sense not to make his already bad situation worse by committing another mistake. I'm glad he left your kids unharmed.

I'm so glad to know that you're all safe and I hope that the kids weren't traumatized by the incident.

ysrael said...

panaderos,
Thanks pare, the truth is I still can't believed it happened to us. and all our neighbors are amazed when I've told them. Well my kids were alright, thanks God.

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty nerve wracking situation bro and perhaps the rain also helped, to reduce the tension from the neighborhood. I'm glad your son reacted in a very calm manner at sinunod ang mga payo mo.

ysrael said...

BW,
Maybe you are right kung hindi umuulan ng malakas siguro marami pa ring kibitzer sa labas at ang mga humahabol sa kanya including the barangay tanod ay nabwisit na rin sa ulan. Mas gusto ko ang nangyari kasi kung nakita nila yung tao malamang matuloy na talaga yung hostage taking and it will put my kids life into danger.

Forever59er said...

Omg. These things really happen? Did your visitor find out somehow (maybe from your kids) that you are a policeman? What would have happened if he did?

Anyway, I will echo the other commentators in congratulating all of you, especially your children, for keeping your cool. It could have been worse, couldn't it.

I wonder what happened to your visitor. Did he finally give himself up?

Maybe you can post an update, Y.

ysrael said...

Thanks Anna,
It was reported to our Barangay sinced I was also working there as a Human Rights officers. The barangay councils commended me for handling a hard situation like that but I gave all the credit to my 2 sons. Well it was then our agreement that I will helped him if he don't harmed my kids. And I've learned that his drinking buddy he stabbed is alright and admitted he is the one to blamed.